cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomberg

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
Do any of you have any experience in reviewing Bloomberg messages with Compliance Accelerator? We are being asked to look into getting this setup soon. I see the option to review these messages in the search parameters in CA, but how do you get them into EV?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You have to get a Bloomberg import tool. Basically, the utility will import the bloomberg messages into the journal and add an x-header to them that denotes them as bloomberg.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
You have to get a Bloomberg import tool. Basically, the utility will import the bloomberg messages into the journal and add an x-header to them that denotes them as bloomberg.

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
Thanks for the tip.

Looks like we'll go with the one from Globanet, assuming our mangement wants to move forward with this

Richard_Thomp1
Level 2
The Globanet's Bloomberg Importer is a great product which we have been using for the past year roughly. Bloomberg Importer will take each Bloomberg begin message and end message thread, and convert this information into an email message. The converted email message will contain internet header information via Microsoft Outlook (i.e. X-Header) "x-KVS-MessageType:Bloomberg". The email message will then be placed into a mailbox to be journaled by KVS Enterprise Vault. Without this internet header (i.e. x-header) information your messages will default to message type = Exchange, as we have previously seen for instant messages. Once your message has been tagged with this internet header (i.e. x-header) the KVS Compliance Accelerator application will see this as a message type = Bloomberg. The third party application would be responsible for creating this internet header (i.e. x-header) for each message, and Globanet's Bloomberg Importer does this for you.

One other thing I just wanted to mention regarding Bloomberg data, and that is every message for the most part has the "TO" and "FROM" fields as domain "@bloomberg.net". This could cause some complications when determining internal, external inbound and external outbound messages. You would want to maintain a database/list of your internal employees, and Globanet's Bloomberg Importer application has something called match email address option. This match email address option uses a csv file for converting internal email addresses to another domain name (i.e. @bloomberg.net to @yourcompany.bloomberg.net). You can then add to your registry key "Internal SMTP domains" the @yourcompany.bloomberg.net so you can receive all three message directions. I know this is posted late but I just noticed this forum and hope it maybe helpful for others.

TonySterling
That is a great post Richard. Thanks for the insight! :)

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
Wow - thanks for the info. That clears up a few things for us..