cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser search or Outlook

John_Evers
Level 5
Hello,

When i start the archive explorer button within outlook it starts the Internet explorer. I know that it can be changed when you look into the settings but when i change it form webbrowser into outlook the next time i starts again the webbrowser searcg instead of outlook. When i look within the settings he is chnaged to outlook but he won't start it within outlook. Do i have to do something else?
5 REPLIES 5

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
John,
AE is a webpage. When you start it within outlook, it's actually starting an IE session and just displaying it in the outlook window. The setting I think you're referencing tells the client to open a new page for AE when it starts (effectively causeing it to start outside of outlook), or spawn a page within outlook. Gotta love MS's *cough* interoperability. :)
Anyhow, hope that makes AE make more sense.

micah

John_Evers
Level 5
Micah,

I know that AE is a webpage but when i look into my own AE i opens within outlook and not a separate Explorer window. I have all the options above from my outlook screen such as options, actions all what i need within outlook. But when AE opens a explorer window i get all the buttons form the internet explorer and not the buttons from outlook.

Lee_Allison
Level 6
John, you should need to run a synchronization also.

Lee Allison
http://ev-blog.blogspot.com/

John_Evers
Level 5
Lee,

What do you mean with" you have to run a synchronisation" where do i have to run that?

Lee_Allison
Level 6
John, go to the properties of the mailbox archiving task and select "Synchronization". Follow the prompts.

This forces EV to look at each mailbox on the Exch server that this task is pointing to. While looking at the mailboxes it does a couple of things.

1) Refreshes the list of mailboxes that it knows about. If you make a new mailbox you have to do this before you can see the mailbox to enable it.
2) Updates the mailbox settings on each mailbox. This is the part you want it to do.

Lee Allison
http://ev-blog.blogspot.com/