Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Stuck and OWA MailApp issues - EV12.4 and Exchange2013

louislo417
Level 3

Hi all,

I am facing 2 issues in my EV12.4 environment now, really need your advices:

1. When I try to do Exchange mailbox archive, it seems that it stuck in process, checking in client side I can see the emails are being archived, but never become the shortcut. But when I check the VaultStore location, the files are archived. W

When I use "Search Vault" on Outlook Add-In, I can see the archived items.

When I use "Vault Cache", I can see the archived items too.

2. The Exchange 2013 OWA (or MailApp), I have followed the User Guide and installed the Mail App add-in, however the add-in is not working and give me below error on OWA:

• App Error: Something went wrong and we couldn't start this app. Please try again later or contact your system administrator.
  • App Error: The app may not load properly, but you can still try to start it.

When I check in Outlook, it is blank in the add-in.

I really need your professional comments. 

Much thanks for the previous post reply, @GertjanA  @Tonaco_pt  Do you have any ideas about these 2 issues? 

Please refer to the attachments, I have read the guideline and search for solutions online, however no luck.....

Regards,

Louis

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi  louislo417,

1 - Archive stuck.

Please check in Vault Administrator console in the vault store properties, tab safety copies. You probably got 'Yes, in the original location' this mean shortcut are only creator when item are backup. Check the open partition properties in the tab Backup how is Vault verify how item are secure, dependes of what kind of backup you have, if is snapshot check this https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100003500

2 - Office Mail App not working

Please check the Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App in https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/83825443-95977190-0/v81784179-95977190

There are 2 external site that the client computer must access, and there is alternative method to apply the configuration

View solution in original post

louislo417
Level 3

Hi all,

Thank you again for your time and reply, the information are very useful.

I have solved the problems, results are below for records:

1) The issue solved as Tonaco and Gertjan mentioned, very good explaination on this.

2) The owa issue, this issus is caused by the Internet issue. As the EV add-in needs to access below websites:

Check that the following URLs are accessible from the client computer:

And my lab is only provided internal network only.... that's why issue occured ..... fool but I really did not expect this.

Again thank you for your valuable answers! @Tonaco_pt @GertjanA

Regards,

Louis

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Louis,

on 1 - you need to backup the VaultStorePartition. It is a setting in the policy I believe (sorry, no acces to EV anymore). What happens is that an item is archived, and the item's icon in Outlook is changed to 'pending archiving'. The item is still the original item. As long as you do not backup the VSP AND set/clear backup mode, items in OL will not change. The process would be (high level):

1 archive. messageclass changes to IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.PendingArchive, still complete original item. 2 set backup mode on vault store (partition) 3 backup vsp (which should set A attribute on dvs/cab files) 4 clear backup mode 5 messageclass changes to ipm.note.enterprisevault.shortcut, and item is a true shortcut.

If your storage device does not allow you to set the archive attribute during archiving, it is possible to use a txt file. It is called  IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt see triggerfile 

On 2 - no idea :)

Regards. Gertjan

Tonaco_pt

Hi  louislo417,

1 - Archive stuck.

Please check in Vault Administrator console in the vault store properties, tab safety copies. You probably got 'Yes, in the original location' this mean shortcut are only creator when item are backup. Check the open partition properties in the tab Backup how is Vault verify how item are secure, dependes of what kind of backup you have, if is snapshot check this https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100003500

2 - Office Mail App not working

Please check the Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App in https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/83825443-95977190-0/v81784179-95977190

There are 2 external site that the client computer must access, and there is alternative method to apply the configuration

Hi GertjanA,

Thank you very much again with your reply. On 1, I fully understand the concept now.

But is there anyway to backup the VSP automatically? or I have to do this manually every time?

I am still quite new for EV so need to be clear in some concepts... thank you again!

Best regards,

Louis

Tonaco_pt

Hi,

Backup the Vault Store Partition is just a fileserver backup. We use a backup solution from a 3th party vendor

check Best Practices for Enterprise Vault Backup - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100006827 for more information

Hi Tonaco_pt,

Thank you again for your reply, I will review again the current environment and see if problem can be solved or not.

Best regards,

Louis

louislo417
Level 3

Hi all,

Thank you again for your time and reply, the information are very useful.

I have solved the problems, results are below for records:

1) The issue solved as Tonaco and Gertjan mentioned, very good explaination on this.

2) The owa issue, this issus is caused by the Internet issue. As the EV add-in needs to access below websites:

Check that the following URLs are accessible from the client computer:

And my lab is only provided internal network only.... that's why issue occured ..... fool but I really did not expect this.

Again thank you for your valuable answers! @Tonaco_pt @GertjanA

Regards,

Louis

Tonaco_pt
Hi,
Glad your issue was resolved, don't worry, I add the same issue.