cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Hotword Searches

Chad_Petrie_2
Level 4
Does anyone know if there is a way to configure CA to only return hits on a hotword search if multiple hotwords are used?

For example, if legal and tomato were hotwords, there would be no hit for an email with only legal or only tomato. However, if both were used at any point in the email then it would be a hit. Or, if tomato was said three or more times it would be a hit.

I looked at hotword phrases, but that seems to be only if they are used together then it would be a hit.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If for your content you choose "All of" instead of "Any of" then list the hotwords on seperate line then all the hotwords will need to be in the email for it to return a hit.

For the example used of tomato and legal it would look like this:

tomato
legal

There isn't the functionality of returning a hit if tomato is in the email 3 times. That would require some sort of scoring mechanism where a hotword equaled a point and any email with say more the a score of 3 was returned. While that sounds like a pretty good enhancement request. You can submit that at enhancement.veritas.com. :)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Chad,
I'm not a CA user, so I'm going to take a small stab at this and then prolly need to be corrected. First and foremost, for the type of searches you'll need to run, ensure that the indexing level is set to full for the vaults you're going to be monitoring.
The bad news after that is that I'm not sure if you can structure a search to be that specific. CA always seemed like OR searches to me, which put review queue items if anything gets flagged and highlited.

micah

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If for your content you choose "All of" instead of "Any of" then list the hotwords on seperate line then all the hotwords will need to be in the email for it to return a hit.

For the example used of tomato and legal it would look like this:

tomato
legal

There isn't the functionality of returning a hit if tomato is in the email 3 times. That would require some sort of scoring mechanism where a hotword equaled a point and any email with say more the a score of 3 was returned. While that sounds like a pretty good enhancement request. You can submit that at enhancement.veritas.com. :)