Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open jpg/jpeg from Sharepoint Archive

PetrHanz
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi all,

we have correctly archived more files from Sharepoint site and created shortcuts. These shorcuts are working for almost all types files - pdf, doc, xls, ppt .... ( I can open these from browser). But jpeg/jpg file is not possible to open. The white cross in black square is displayed with name of the file. It seems be like no working recall for picture files = still 1KB size of shortcut is displayed.

Versioning is working ( when I click on the file by right button, open version history and open file version with full size, the file is opened. I tried dtrace with w3cp, EVSPShortcut and again click on these pictures but no important log is recorded.      

thanks for idea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PetrHanz
Level 4

Hi All,

the case is closed - EV 12.x and special feature of SharePoint - (Thumbnail–centric views in cache store  for image/video/audio) is not working correctly. Recall of files back to SHP was performed with good result.     

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Petr,

Could it be the issue described in this KB?

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100050762

Regards. Gertjan

PetrHanz
Level 4

Hi GertJan

many thanks for answer. I am waiting for enable logging of EV in web.config file. As soon as I will detail log of this, put this result. 

PetrHanz
Level 4

The case is still open and we are finding reason. We found that access to any picture ( shortcut and non shortcut file )  is not logged in HTTP log. The customer uses lightbox Sharepoint option. Therefore guys from Veritas are testing this ( in Veritas lab of EV the method works). Now, we are checking details of permissions, version of SHP and version of  lighbox, version EV and compare these between the lab and our environment.    :)

PetrHanz
Level 4

Hi All,

the case is closed - EV 12.x and special feature of SharePoint - (Thumbnail–centric views in cache store  for image/video/audio) is not working correctly. Recall of files back to SHP was performed with good result.