cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change user mailbox to different mailbox policy

Michael_Vi_2
Level 3
Hi all,

Just curious if you can change an archive mailbox from the default mailbox policy once it has been assign to it.

I know you can go and change it it the ini file but I have about 30 users that I would like to change it to a dffierent policy.

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You will want to use EVPM to do that. Unless you are on EV 6 and all the users are in the same OU. You can change the policy by OU, but that will change for everyone in that OU, so most likely you are back to evpm.

The quick and easy way to get the distinguished name for the script is to run a report mode for the users you want to change. Open the report in Excel and there will be a column for the DN.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You will want to use EVPM to do that. Unless you are on EV 6 and all the users are in the same OU. You can change the policy by OU, but that will change for everyone in that OU, so most likely you are back to evpm.

The quick and easy way to get the distinguished name for the script is to run a report mode for the users you want to change. Open the report in Excel and there will be a column for the DN.

Regards,

Michael_Vi_2
Level 3
Yea...you are right in the OU. We're running EV6. Thanks alot.