cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing PST Holding Folder

tsingh
Level 3

Hi,

I have a question about changing PST holding folder... I know this can be done in the database as well us on the EV console... my question is if I change the PST holding folder to different location, what happens to the PSTs that are still sitting in the current location and are pending migration... do they still get migrated or will they now fail....

I am hoping that they will still migrate since the current location will still be valid... its just that I need to move this to a different location for storage limitation reasons.

Thanks for the help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

And the HoldingLocation is stored in the PSTFile table in the Directory database as a UNC, so, as long as whereever you move the data to is shared out, it should be good to do.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you copy the data from the current folder to the new folder you should be fine.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

And the HoldingLocation is stored in the PSTFile table in the Directory database as a UNC, so, as long as whereever you move the data to is shared out, it should be good to do.

Working for cloudficient.com

tsingh
Level 3

So is it a must that I have to move the existing data to new location?  Can't I just keep it where it is.

Thanks

Rocky

tsingh
Level 3

What If I don't want to move the existing data.... And want to keep the existing data where it is and create a new 'shared' location and hvae everything new come into that location...

Would it not continue to migrate the files from existing location (Since the PSTFile still points to the old location) even if the PST Holding folder location as changed