cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client-driven migration

Yet
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Tried to perform client-driven migration but aftr enabling client-driven migration on a user mailbox, nothing is being sent to PST temporary or holding folder.

Any idea? Need assistance. Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12

Yet
Level 5
Partner Accredited
additional...

the user already recieved the EnablePSTMigration email sent automatically by EV but still no PST file beign copied over to temporary folder

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Did the user close and reopen Outlook?
Is the users Outlook open?
Does the PST show in the file list in the VAC?

What version are you using and where is the physical location of the PST?

Yet
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Outlook was closed & re-opened many times but still no PST file being migrated.

File is not on the VAC Files list.

Yet
Level 5
Partner Accredited
PST file is located under the usual PST location on Windows XP (document&setting...)

Outlook ver 2003

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
My experience with client migrations is that it takes quite a while for the client pushes to stream up to server. Did you try to give it a day or two just to see if the pst empties a bit?

micah

Yet
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Maybe you're right. I'll give it sometime. Thanks.

Suresh_Vangara
Level 4
Also make sure the PSTs are marked. you can change this in the mailox policy, go to the advanced tab and select desktop in the drop down list. Look for "mark PST's" option and enable it. After you have done this you will have to restart the services and sync mailboxes.

Let me know if this helps

Vangara

Yet
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Thanks Suresh but PSTs are marked from the policy properties.

Suresh_Vangara
Level 4
Ok, try adding the EV Service account to the Local Admins on the PC where the PSTs are located...the minimum retry interval for retry is one day, so u will have to remove the "last search" entry in SQL.

SK

Yet
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Thanks, ok i'll try that. Do I need to have VSA admin priv to all client PC that I enabled mailboxes?

Suresh_Vangara
Level 4
Hi Agtay,

If you are doing PST migration ...yes, its advisable to add the VSA to the local administrators group on every PC that has PSTs.

Let me know if this helps.

Suresh K Vangara

Yet
Level 5
Partner Accredited
wow! that's a huge task. is there a way to roll that task in one big bang? i'm talking of around 10,000 users.