cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely disabling search with Client Driven Migrations

David_standish
Level 5
I've been researching and testing PST migration for a customer that I'm working with.

The customer only wants to import PST files that are currently open inside of Outlook. Anyone else have this requirement?

Client driven its their requirements the best, but it's not perfect. (e.g. you can't import an open PST file if it sits in the user's home folder - hoping 7.0 can help with this. They do not want to search and locate since NTFS permissions are not specific enough in some cases).

I see the checkbox to limit the search to Documents and Settings, but has anyone found a way to prevent the search all together? I didn't see any registry keys that might help with this.

Thanks.

- David
4 REPLIES 4

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Check V6 sp3 updates.htm because pretty sure it adds support for processing folders on Home Folders.

Alan_M
Level 6
I've never found a way to disable searching all together. Although you do have the option to change the status of the PST to "Do Not Migrate" within the EV admin console once the PST has been discovered. This really is labor intensive and I'm not sure it would be practical in a large environment but might be your only option.

David_standish
Level 5
Ok, it does look like support for this changed with SP3. I have that installed but did not see that in my review of the release notes. When I tested, the EV service account did not have Power Users on the server where the home folders are. I will retest and see if that does it. Thanks, Dodo.

- David

jason_lucy
Level 5
You could create customized retention policies to handle the special requests.