cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Question...

dand
Level 3
I currently have archived all emails older than 6 months from Exchange with EV, and want to turn Journaling on, my question is how do I approach archiving the 6 months of emails that are between my archive and when my journal starts to put us in compliance?  I really don't want every email to be pulled from the archive because I'm concearned with user response time if I've got to do that, thanks for the help. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alan_M
Level 6
The reality is that archiving that 6 months of mail won't put you into compliance. Journaling is generally the only accepted way to achieve so compliance. So if you can accept that then there is no need to archive the 6 months of mail. However if you feel the need to do this anyway why not modify the policy to archive the mail but not delete the message/replace with a shortcut. That way you have the messages but your users don't have to pull them from the archive.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Alan_M
Level 6
The reality is that archiving that 6 months of mail won't put you into compliance. Journaling is generally the only accepted way to achieve so compliance. So if you can accept that then there is no need to archive the 6 months of mail. However if you feel the need to do this anyway why not modify the policy to archive the mail but not delete the message/replace with a shortcut. That way you have the messages but your users don't have to pull them from the archive.

dand
Level 3

So can I create muliple policies?  One that archives everything up to 6 months old but leaves a copy on exchange, and another(my current policy)that archives and removes everything older than 6 months?