cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTrace view looks corrupt

EVSpinner
Level 5

I have a 41021 Items Awaiting Indexing on a server and I was trying to run a DTrace when I got the following. Has anyone seen this before. Is this reflective of a corrupt installation?

I'm logged on as VSA, tried running CMD prompt as admin, restarted Tasks and services, but no change

DTrace.png

7 REPLIES 7

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Never seen that before. The weird character at the end of 18 looks faulty to me.

Maybe copy a dtrace.exe from another server, and try that? (if you have one).

Otherwise, perhaps a reregistering of the files of EV (using FileReregister.bat in the EV folder) helps?

Regards. Gertjan

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i havent seen that before. you might try rebooting. worst case you can reinstall the binaries. just be sure to make backups of any files you customized first.

EVSpinner
Level 5

Thanks guys

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

let us know?

EVSpinner
Level 5

Will do guys, thanks. This is going to Symantec so will get the low down once this is solved overall. The primary problem involves Items Awaiting Indexing and the reason behind the backlog is index volumes missing for some user archives. Rebuilds fail to create a new volume. Off to Symantec with this. More info to follow

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Which EV version?

There was something fixed in CHF1 for EV11.0.1 in regards to empty/missing index volumes for archives.

Etrack 3602927: Index rebuilds failed if the live index volume was empty, and previous volumes had been deleted

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

EVSpinner
Level 5

Conclusion to this case. The Dtrace giving the weird view as above is still pending, so I don't have anything new to add to this

The items awaiting index was due to missing index volumes for a subset of users. The solution was to create the volumes entry in SQL, archive an item into the new volume, after which the Items Awaiting Indexing cleared