cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete OLD EV hidden messages from mailbox folders.

Tom_Felts
Level 4

Hi.  Been on EV for quite a while.  We have some users calling in to our help desk complaining of Outlook slowness when trying to access folders in their mailbox.  The symptom is that they click on a folder, and then they get the hourglass cursor for about 60 seconds, and then they get their folder view.  I tried "outlook /cleanviews" but that did not work.  Eventually, I used MDBVUE32 to look at the hidden associated messages in those folders, and found that the ones that were hanging had IPM.EnterpriseVault.Filter messages in them that were pointing to an old EV server.  I thought, hey, I will just add an alias to our internal DNS, but that did not help the issue.  So now it appears that I am faced with the issue of needing to delete all of these Filters from every single mailbox in our enterprise.  Is there a way to automate this from the EV side of things?

TIA,

Tom Felts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_Felts
Level 4

Thanks for that.  What appears to be working is that I deleted the local frmcache.dat file and then copied the icons down from the organizational cache to the personal cache.  No more hour glass.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Alan_M
Level 6

You could using Policy Manager and the ZAP functionality but this will blow away everything so you may want to think through how best to use this and ensure that the correct hidden messages are re-applied.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273154.htm

Tom_Felts
Level 4

<>   Zapping the mailbox...will see if this helps.

Message Edited by Tom Felts on 01-27-2009 11:34 AM

Tom_Felts
Level 4

Ok. Zapping a mailbox and re-enabling did not help.  This is weird.  It started just recently.  Whenever a user clicks on a folder with vaulted items in it, the mouse cursor goes to an hourglass for about 60 seconds.  You can see unvaulted items in the folder, but the vault icons do not show up until whatever is timing out times out.  Corrupted forms cache? 

I will try re-installing the icons and see if that helps.  If any one else has any ideas, let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

Alan_M
Level 6

Not sure what version of EV you have but try this if it is relevant

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287572.htm

Tom_Felts
Level 4

Thanks for that.  What appears to be working is that I deleted the local frmcache.dat file and then copied the icons down from the organizational cache to the personal cache.  No more hour glass.

Thanks for your help.