cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete only one user from archive permissions... but the owner not exist

aaguilar
Level 4

Hi

I want to delete a single user's permissions from a Archive. The Archive's owner no longer exists in the active directory. I have tested with EVPM doing a Zap, but clears the permissions of all users, and I just want to delete a single user. The owner of the deposit is no longer exist, so it is not possible to synchronize the inherited permissions again.

Is this possible?

Thanks and regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Zapping by definition removes the permissions for ALL accounts on the archive. What you can do is to set a DENY for this one user on this one archive. Having a complete deny effectively removes the archive from the Archive Explorer and search, as the user is not allowed to see it. As in windows, deny prevales over grant, so just add the deny, and you should be ok.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Zapping by definition removes the permissions for ALL accounts on the archive. What you can do is to set a DENY for this one user on this one archive. Having a complete deny effectively removes the archive from the Archive Explorer and search, as the user is not allowed to see it. As in windows, deny prevales over grant, so just add the deny, and you should be ok.

Regards. Gertjan