cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting EV shortucts after unvaulting items

Harry_SD
Level 3

Hi,

I'm using EV 2007 SP2. I have just "unvaulted" a number of items back to my inbox, however, I notice that although the original item had been restored, the original archive link stub also remains. Can someone tell me how to get rid of these?

Thanks,

Harry SD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Harry_SD
Level 3

Hi,

Support have come back with pretty much the same. EV does not delete the links after the original mails have been restored to the mailbox.

You'll just need to order by message class and then delete the links.

Cheers,

Harry SD

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NiteBreed
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

did you restore the elements using OWA or Search Webapp ? Or using the EV Outlook Add-in ?

If you restored them using OWA, you can adjust your policy (Mailbox Policy- Tab "Advanced"- Settings from OWA - Delete shortcuts after restore -> Delete).

Nite

Harry_SD
Level 3

Hi,

Neither.

I did this activity using the VAC console. Archives --> Export. Selected the archive in questions and relevant date ranges. The mails were then restored to my inbox without problem. I expected however for the EV links to be automatically cleaed up - not so.

Thanks,

Harry SD

NiteBreed
Level 3
Partner

Hi Harry,

the normal procedure will delete the shortcuts of the responding mailbox if you export items. Nevertheless you can delte shortcuts in mailboxes if there are still any of 'em left. Do you use Offline Vault ? AS i know that there are some errors when deleting shortcuts with OV enabled.

Best,

Nite

Harry_SD
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortuanetly, I have hundreds of users who have atleast a months worth of these "duplicate" links having restored the original mails. I don't think just deleting them is a sensible solution.

There must be an option or some setting available that does this for you. Surely EV would remove the link to an archived mail if the original item is fully restored to the mailbox.

I am using offline vault but why would that matter?. This particular issue concerns users connecting to the Exchange server in the office using Outlook 2007. We are using Exchange server 2003.

Any help from anyone else would be appreciated - failing that, I'll log a call with Symantec and report back.

Best  Regards,

Harry SD

Harry_SD
Level 3

Hi,

Support have come back with pretty much the same. EV does not delete the links after the original mails have been restored to the mailbox.

You'll just need to order by message class and then delete the links.

Cheers,

Harry SD