cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Items using Enterprise Vault Browser

Ray_Hasham
Level 4
Hi Guys,

We migrated a PST (accoring to the owner information) for a user. Turns out the user was the last person to have accessed it however he is not the owner and would like the the items deleted from his archive.

There are about 4000 items and the best way to delete these items (as far as I am aware) is by using Enterprise Vault Browser - Search for the Items, select the items, select  'Delete from Vault'.

When I do this, about 45 items got deleted, the rest displayed an error "Deleteion not permitted", however if I search for these items using the client extention (Advanced Search) and delete them individually, I am able to delete them.

I have ensure that the retention category allows users to delete items.

Please help.

Thanks,

Ray
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
When the PST was imported did they it go under it's own folder structure?  If yes I believe you can use Export Archive to remove only the the items under that folder structure and delete them from the archive.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Could you try in Archive Explorer?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Ray_Hasham
Level 4
I can also delete from Archive Explorer. But I have to retrieve the item by double clicking on it and then delete. I would like to select a number of messages and delete them.

Thanks.

MichelZ
Level 6
Doesn't right-clicking work?

Ray_Hasham
Level 4
Nope. All I get is Open, Display Options and Refresh. All the rest are greyed out.

MichelZ
Level 6
Ray

Which EV Version do you have?
This might be the same problem as described in:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/325185.htm

I believe it could be that browser search behaves the same.

Cheers

Ray_Hasham
Level 4

We are using Version 8 SP 2.

Thanks.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
When the PST was imported did they it go under it's own folder structure?  If yes I believe you can use Export Archive to remove only the the items under that folder structure and delete them from the archive.

Ray_Hasham
Level 4
Thanks! That worked a treat. Thank you both once again.