cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details for CA and DA upgrades

Travis_Peacock
Level 4
Hello,
We are currently running DA 6.0 and CA 6.0 sp1on EV 6.0sp3. We will be upgrading our servers this weekend and I need some clarification on the CA and DA upgrade. As I recall from our last upgrades we uninstalled CA and DA prior to installing the new version, what I am wondering is if that is the standard upgrade guidelines or was that just because it was from V5 to V6 that required the uninstall and reinstall rather than just running the upgraded version?
Thanks,
Travis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
Travis,
Are you just adding Service packs to the current version? If so, you can upgrade in place without re-installing.

You actually can do the same if going to 7.0, but I think it requires you to have .Net 2.0

Either way, you always want to check the release notes and install guides to make sure you cover any details on it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
Travis,
Are you just adding Service packs to the current version? If so, you can upgrade in place without re-installing.

You actually can do the same if going to 7.0, but I think it requires you to have .Net 2.0

Either way, you always want to check the release notes and install guides to make sure you cover any details on it.

Travis_Peacock
Level 4
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the info, I figured that was the case but just wanted to make sure. I didnt see anything in the install docs but the docs are not the best...
Travis

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
> install docs but the docs are not the best...
> Travis

I am interested in why you say that.

What would like to see in the docs?

Jeffrey_Lynch
Level 4
Partner
hmm, don't recall seeing any info stating that DB Mirroring should be disabled for a DA 7.0 7.0 SP1 Update, but had no problem with upgrading from EV 7.0 to 7.0 SP1
me thinks that would be helpful

Travis_Peacock
Level 4
Hey Tony,
The thing to me that makes the documentation confusing is that it seems like we jumping from one section of the doc to another (see page ##). This is just a suggestion, but it might be helpful having a step by step install doc followed by explanations rather than having them intermingled throughout the same doc? I think that might be helpful in keeping sequence and subject straight. The second thing is in looking at the doc that comes with the SPs they are named the same 6.0 no SP version, I was concerned that I had the right doc and wanted to make sure that nothing changed from one SP to the next. If nothing changed, I understand but it might just be a comfort thing thing since there has been more than one update and the docs are the same.
Thanks!
Travis

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
That is great feed back. Thanks for explaining.

Cheers,