cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Mailbox still show EV toolbar?

Leo_Wan
Level 5

When I disable a mailbox from EV, my understanding is further email will not be put into the archive once it's disabled, but user still be able to retrieve the archive via the shortcuts.

My question is, will the EV toolbar from Outlook side disappear after the mailbox is disabled? If not, what happen if user click on the "Store in Vault" button? Also, will shortcut deletion still work on Disabled Mailbox?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Shortcut deletion will occur during the archiving run. If the mailbox is disabled then shortuct deletion will not run on the mailbox.

However, if you have storage expiry turned on then shortcut expiry will still occur. This will occur outside of the archiving runs and will occur regardless of your mailbox policy settings are for shortcut deletion.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The users once disabled should only be able to view the archive via Search or Archive Explorer buttons in Outlook if you have enabled these buttons via the Desktop policy. They are no longer able to 'store in vault'.

Leo_Wan
Level 5

Thanks Percy! And how about the shortcut deletion tasks? Does it also apply to Disabled Mailbox?

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Shortcut deletion will occur during the archiving run. If the mailbox is disabled then shortuct deletion will not run on the mailbox.

However, if you have storage expiry turned on then shortcut expiry will still occur. This will occur outside of the archiving runs and will occur regardless of your mailbox policy settings are for shortcut deletion.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Users can still delete via Archive Explorer or Search if its your webapp.ini doesn't prohibit those behaviors

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146