cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Offline Vault per machine and not per user

stunt_pants
Level 2

Hi there,

I'm aware of how to disable Offline Vault by using the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\kvs\enterprise vault\client\Ovenabled, however this is for a roaming profiles environment and I want to set this on a per-machine basis rather than per-user (disable on desktops, enable on laptops).

Does anyone know if a registry key exists under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to be able to achieve this?

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner

We have looked into this extensively.  Best idea was to reset the ovenabled based on logon script.

Have the login script check to determine if OV should be enabled/disabled and set it accordingly.

Consider dumping roaming profiles.  In our extensive testing OV does not get along well with roaming profiles.  We have many users with multiple machines.  OV will try to build regardless of Outlook cached mode setting if ovenabled is set to 1 so this caused all sorts of havoc at first (my incorrect assumption based on the documentation was OV would only enabled if Outlook was in cached/offline mode.  This is NOT true).

In our scenario OV would start to build and sometimes complete but if a user logged off  the roaming profile would capture the current state of the OV build, transfer it to the next workstation the user logged onto and screw up the OV completely (reset required).  This really s**ked!

-Joe