Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 11.0.1 CHF2 - Storage Queue Failed Items Folder

patrick_woodwar
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hello,

Does anyone on this forum know how to replay failed messages from within the StorageQueue when items are moved to the 'Failed Items' folder? I have asked the question to Symantec \ Veritas and cannot seem to get an answer....

Thanks

Patrick

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Patrick,

I have had the same, some files in the failed items folder. While scratching my head on this, one of the things I did was restarting the storage service. That processed the items (i.e. they were moved back to the original folder, and processed). I don't know if that is as intended, or if this is 'accidental'. I also know you get an issue when you use USL to failover a server, and there are still items in the queue to be processed.

It might be possible to do a verify/repair using EVSVR, but I am not sure. It is strange Veritas does not seem to be able to answer this one.

You might want to try:

Set backup mode on the stores. Stop storage-service. copy files back to original location. run evsvr on the storage queue in verify mode, then in repair mode. Maybe that shows something.

I've tried locating a document on this, but the new site poses some 'challenges' for that. I believe that if there is an item in the queue, the original item should still be in Exchange. As far as I know, if the verify/repair does not work, the items will be rearchived from the mailboxes (you do need to have this 'pending shortcut time-out' configured though). (because the repair removes the linkages to the non-existing files.

Regards. Gertjan

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Patrick here is the technote you need for this issue.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH227713

patrick_woodwar
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Thank you for replying, I will look into both potential solutions