cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 2007 License Count Used

Joe_Vogel
Level 4
How can I tell in EV 2007 how many exchange archiving licenses have been used?
4 REPLIES 4

MarkOlsen
Level 4

Hi Joe:

You actually raise a very interesting question.  When we first purchased EV 2.5 years ago, I made sure that we negotiated it so that the licensure was tied to the number of active Exchange mailboxes being archived.   So, this included all active employees and contractors as well as several hundred system and service accounts without end users.   What it did not include was the archived mailboxes of former employees because depending on legal holds, those mailboxes would exist forever.   In other words, the number of archived mailboxes will continue to grow over time and we didn't want to purchase additional licenses every year for former employees.  I'm not sure how Symantec handles this issue for new customers today, but it is obviously important.

Mark

Joe_Vogel
Level 4

We purchase X number of licenses at the beginning, our total number was X-Y.  So we had quite a few "spare licenses"  The number of mailboxes increases as well as turnover and old archives, how can we tell how many licences have been used and how many are still "available".

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Not 100% sure here, but I think the number of enabled users would give you a good impression.

So, query the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database for:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry WHERE MbxArchivingState = 1

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I have customers that only do Journaling and FSA and the only way they can track the number of licenses is to keep track of the number of users in the mail store that is being Journaled.

Symantec must find a better way to track this so companies can ensure that they meet compliance