cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 2007 SP2 - new install, error archiving mailboxes

Aaron_Blosser
Level 3
I just did a fresh install of EV 2007 SP2 (brand new). (I used to have EV 7.0 going and archving just fine, but that was on a test system).

Now when I try to run the task to archive mailboxes on our Exchange 2007 SP1 server, I get a curious error in the event log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Archive Task
Event ID: 3139
Date:  3/15/2008
Time:  4:47:10 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: <SERVER>
Description:
An non-specific error has occurred whilst enabling archiving for the mailbox /o=<company>/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=<username>
Error: Denied access to use the encryption service.   [0xc0042193]
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp
Any thoughts?  I couldn't find anything regarding this error in the KB, forums, etc.  I'm a bit stumped.  I haven't rolled out EV 2007 to "production" yet, just myself as a test user.  File archiving works fine FYI.
1 REPLY 1

Aaron_Blosser
Level 3
Hmm... replying to my own post.

I resolved the issue... in my test environment I was using an account that had full permissions (domain/exchange admin).

When I setup this new production EV server, I thought I'd assigned all the permissions correctly but something must have been missing.  I setup a totally different account, set the Outlook profile on the EV server, and then it was able to crawl okay apparently (well, so far so good, no errors).

I guess I missed something, and it may have been the Outlook profile part.