cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 2007 SP3 and Outlook 2007 - Search and Archive Explorer not working

ADawson
Level 3

I have a new EV 2007 SP3 installation. Clients are running Windows XP SP2 with Office 2003 SP3, with Outllook 2007 SP1.

If I login as administrator, all the EV client buttons work 100% including search, vault explorer, and I can open archived messages, etc.  When I login as a non-admin user, if I click on search, I get a message - "The Web Application is not configured correctly in the Vault Site settings. Please contact your Enterprise Vault Administrator." Archive Explorer does not open up within Outlook either. Yet, I can open archived messages, store to archive, and restore from archive without problems.

If the same non-admin user logs into a machine with Office 2003 and Outlook 2003, everything works fine for that user.

3 REPLIES 3

ADawson
Level 3

Found the problem to be my Outlook 2007 Group Policy which was preventing the EV client from launching the Archive Explorer and Search toolbar HTM links.

The exact keys in the Outlook 2007 ADM file are under User Configuration  / Administrative Templates / Microsoft Outlook 2007 / Disabled Items in User Interface / Predefined /

Web toolbar: Refresh Current Page  - Policy should be Disabled
Web toolbar: Start Page  - Policy should be Disabled
Web toolbar: Address  - Policy should be Disabled

EV client worked fine after I disabled these policy settings.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Thanks for posting this nice solution!

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Jason_Nash
Level 3
Thanks for this solution, would have taken a while to work this one out! We had the same problem here with the same Group Policy settings. We had them set for Outlook 2003 in a Citrix environment and were experiencing the same error message you describe. Re-enabling these options on the web toolbar in the GPO resolved the issue.

For reference we are running EV 8.0.2 and Outlook 2003 SP3.