cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move EV to 2019 Server and Update EV version

DCAIT
Level 3

Hi,

our 14.1 EV Server is running on Server 2012 and I want to move it to a 2019 Server.

a) is it better do an inplace Upgrade of the server (uninstall ev do the upgrade reinstall) or move to a new Server?

and b) after the move or Upgrade is it possible do install 14.4 and upgrade ev in one step or do I have to install the old 14.1 version first?

thanks and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Any reason for not going to W2022? I advise against an inplace upgrade. A new OS imho requires a fresh start. As for the move/upgrade, I advise to first move EV (14.1), and verify it runs as expected on the W2019 server, then upgrade. If you do both at the same time, it makes it harder to troubleshoot. 

Using the Server Migration Wizard is a goog idea.

You can find that from this page 

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jack_liu
Level 2
Employee

The recommended option is to migrate them via Enterprise Vault - Server Settings Migration Wizard (https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/downloads/update.UPD397880 ). Build new WS2019 servers and install EV 14.4 on the new server (without running the EV Configuration Wizard). Export EV settings on the source servers and import the package to the new boxes. 

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Any reason for not going to W2022? I advise against an inplace upgrade. A new OS imho requires a fresh start. As for the move/upgrade, I advise to first move EV (14.1), and verify it runs as expected on the W2019 server, then upgrade. If you do both at the same time, it makes it harder to troubleshoot. 

Using the Server Migration Wizard is a goog idea.

You can find that from this page 

Regards. Gertjan

DCAIT
Level 3

thanks for the replays.

the 2019 option is just license based. only 2019 at the moment.

I will install 14.1 first and then do the upgrade