cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 6.0 SP2 nightmare

Sandeep_Figer
Level 3
Hi,
We have deployed EV 6.0 Sp1 for FSA. Whenever I try to upgrade to SP2 ,seems to be getting diffeent errors. For the first time after upgrading when the system hung, was given an hotfix which solved that issue. Now when I upgrade, in the Admin console I see "Unknown Error" status for al the services that I have been using like Indexing, Shopping etc. More details on the services shows Services not installed. Has anyone seen such issues with SP2? Would appreciate some quick answers & any known issues with SP2.

Regards,
Sandeep
10 REPLIES 10

Agimon_Ali
Level 3
How did the configuration go? I had a problem when it tried to add services back and would have a similiar error. Our fix was to uninstall EV, Uninstall Asp.net and then reinstall. Hope this helps.

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Sandeep,
I'd check your pre-req's....if you can open the GUI to open with 5.0, opening it after 6.0 upgrade should work fine.

micah

Sandeep_Figer
Level 3
Hi,

All the prequisites are installed as setup is functional with SP1 for more than 6 months now. When I try to upgrade to SP2 I come across all the issues like database getting locked after after upgrade, services showing unknown error. Infact last month Symantec released a patch with 2 .dll files but even that doesn't work.

Uninstalling EV & reinstalling / reconfiguring might not be a good option in production setup. It would need lot of configuration all again. EV 6.0 is working fine with sp1 but has all issues with sp2 for which I need solution

Regards,
Sandeep

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I'd open a support case then...it sounds like there's something unique about your environment.

micah

Sandeep_Figer
Level 3
Micah,

Support case is already open with Symantec but no luck yet. I am meanwhile trying to see if could get some expert advise from the handson people.

Regards
Sandeep

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
HI,

If the issue you are saying now is that services show as unknown..
Check if from the server you can use computer manager to see those same services. I've seen it show unknown because EV cannot connect to that computer(if it's a remote one)

Sandeep_Figer
Level 3
Hi,

The services are running on EV directory service computer locally. These services are Shopping, Indexing, Vault Storage & Task Controller service. In my setup Directory service computer is Windows 2003 with SQL cluster server as directory database & I use 2 TB storage partition from MSA 1000 for archive storage. It is a SAN environment.

As you pointed correctly even I am trying to figure out why the upgrade does not allow those services to be seen again, meaning it can not contact the server running services (local). I am using same vault account used all the time for all my EV tasks & services.

Regards,
Sandeep

Raul_Kivi
Level 3
Check You MS SQL database. Especialy "saveset" table. It can be corrupted.
Check and repair using SQL command!

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Have you tried just deleting and recreating these services?

Sandeep_Figer
Level 3
Jason,

I had tried creating services again but it does show the option to add either of the services metnioned. All these steps works okay in the lab but somehow doesn't seem to be working in the production.

Regards,

Sandeep