cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8 client question

Ed_Jackson
Level 5

We are testing the upgrade from EV 7.5, SP3 to EV 8 in a test environment. The upgrade went well, but I have a problem with the full client. We're using Outlook 2007. I cannot manually archive from the mailbox, using the client buttons. If I change the advanced desktop policy settings for 'Outlook Add-In Behavior' from Normal, to HTTP-Only, it works fine. We do not use RPC/HTTP.

Is this a bug? Is it by design? Or did I do something stupid? My money is on the last choice.

Thank you.

Ed

4 REPLIES 4

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

Obviously working for Symantec I can't call a customer stupid, but I'm going with your last analysis of the issue :)

Check client log and agentclientbroker dtrace.

Ed_Jackson
Level 5

No worries. I've been called a lot worse.

I ran that trace, and it showed nothing. But, I ran a trace on the archiving task, and I got this:

|There is a sharing violation. The queue is already open for exclusive retrieval.  [0xc00e0009] |
18 15:31:48.556  [3556] (ArchiveTask) <2012> EV:L The queue .\private$\Enterprise Vault Archive Agent Admin Queue is already open.|It is likely that another process is running and will be processing the Nack messages placed on this queue.|This Nack Handler will now terminate, as it is redundant.  No additional action is necessary. |

Sounds like a message queue problem.

The EV tab in the mailbox folder properties says the EV server is unavailable.

Anti-virus is not running on this test environment right now.

Any ideas on where to start with this?

Ed

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

That sounds like there is already another thread trying to process that mailbox so in that dtrace it's already dealing with a previous request.  So you are probably best setting up dtrace and stopping and restarting the archiving task and then doing the archiving so that way you'll capture the request being picked up from the beginning.

EV_Guru
Level 4
Partner

Check if it is a user-related or a general problem. Can no one archive manually (then it is a server-related problem), or a only this user? Then try dtrace for server and client trace for user issues....

www.longerich.com