cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0.2 email archiving

alan_koch
Level 4

We are using EV 9.0.2 to archive Exchange 2010 email.  We have it setup to leave a shortcut in the mailbox for Vaulted items.  Our end users are using Outlook 2007 SP3.  My question is this: Is there an easy way to tell what the newest or oldest archived item is per mailbox?  Is there a script that I can run or a canned report to get this information?

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

For an individual archive, you can get this from the archive properties.  From the archive properties click on 'Advanced', and you'll see the youngest and oldest item.  Note that I think it has been discussed here before where the oldest item can be 'odd', ie vvvvvery old, because of attachments to messages.

For many archives, like a report, you might like to consider that the data is in the IndexVolume table in the Directory database.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

For an individual archive, you can get this from the archive properties.  From the archive properties click on 'Advanced', and you'll see the youngest and oldest item.  Note that I think it has been discussed here before where the oldest item can be 'odd', ie vvvvvery old, because of attachments to messages.

For many archives, like a report, you might like to consider that the data is in the IndexVolume table in the Directory database.

Working for cloudficient.com

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Yeah the query would be

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT A.ArchiveName,
       CONVERT(varchar, IV.OldestItemDateUTC, 113) "Oldest Item",
       CONVERT(varchar, IV.YoungestItemDateUTC, 113) "Newest Item"
FROM   Archive A, 
       IndexVolume IV
WHERE  IV.RootIdentity = A.RootIdentity
  AND  IV.OldestItemDateUTC IS NOT NULL
  AND  IV.YoungestItemDateUTC IS NOT NULL
ORDER BY A.ArchiveName
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Usually the Oldest Item being way out of a date range is typically always spam, so you will sometimes see email from 1683 or something, you get that email and its spam for printer ink or some such stuff

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146