cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9 is Available

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
For all you EV admins out there eagerly awaiting EV9 it is now officially available.

Check your email for upgrade notices or login to the Symantec licensing portal and download it.
7 REPLIES 7

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

this is true. he's not making it up :)

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
So he is right!
Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA
Hi Liam, Andrew,

We're looking for the Discovery Collector. It is liste din several documents as being an 'add-on' but I cannot locate it. Is it included with the DA setup?

Do you happen to know?
Regards. Gertjan

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Enterprise Vault Discovery Collector is not part of the normal build.
EVDC is a separate tool that is Cent-OS based I believe.
It is provided as a Virtual Appliance only. It is not packaged for self installation

GertjanA
In dutch we have a saying that roughly translates to 'pleasing someone with a dead bird'

I've found and read the collector documentation, and it appears to be that it requires to be run on VMware esx. For a company NOT using vm-ware, this is not nice to hear. We've been looking forward to this feature, to be able to index fileservers etc, without the need to archive, but this now looks not possible.

I understand it is licensed seperately, but why does Sym force you to use VMWare (or an appliance, not clear on that).

Too bad. BUT, EV9 itself looks very good.
Regards. Gertjan

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
EVDC is an OEM product thats why it is supplied as a Virtual Machine. I know it is a pain but it is the only way it is being offered at the present time.

It can index "in the wild" servers and laptops. It is a very nice tool

It also has the ability to not only index them but it can also push your results into EV where the items can be put on legal hold. One other nice feature is that it can look into DA and index data already discovered in DA and allow you to do searches like for Credit card numbers or social security numbers

It is very nice and i'm glad i had the chance to play with the product. I highly recommend it for Legal Discovery especially on the PC side

Emil_w
Not applicable
I've already downloaded it. I'm really exited...

Emil