cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV + Citrix + Search

Alex9999
Level 3

Hi,

I'm wondering what experiences people have had with search tools and EV using Citrix. What we're looking for is something that:

1) Works well on citrix

2) Can return results from the users archive AND their mailbox using a single search.

3) Outlook must be running in online mode (ie, not cached mode)

4) Doesn't put too big a load on Exchange

5) Is quick.

Can anyone share their experiences with a similar situation? Anyone got a good recommendation?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

Could you elaborate on what you mean with "Search Tools"?

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Alex9999
Level 3

Google Desktop Search, Windows Search, X1, Lookout are some examples I can think of, I'm sure there are others.

Basically we're after something that can search users archive and non-archived items, quickly, through a single interface, for Citrix terminal server users. I'm just interested to see what other people have had success with, or what to avoid.

Cheers,

Alex.

MichelZ
Level 6

HI

OK, understand.

Every solution which has EV integration should be able to retrieve Online and Archived Data. (X1).

Haven't used them on Citrix yet, but I can't see why this should be a problem.

Cheers

Michel

Alex9999
Level 3

The problem that we're up against is that WDS and X1 Professional only indexes your offline vault, not your 'online' archive. You can't use offline vault in a terminal server environment because Outlook cached mode is not allowed on terminal servers. So there is a bit of a deadlock.

Alex.

MichelZ
Level 6

Alex

According to this:

http://www.x1.com/products/symantec_enterprise_vault_connector.html

X1 should be able to search the Online Archive of the User.

And I remember at a customer's site that this worked. (They don't have Cached Mode, and I was able to find my Archived Messages with X1)

Hope that helps.

It's maybe a setting in X1...?

/Michel