phaul
Level 4
Partner Accredited
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

If you can upgrade then I believe when EV10.0 is released this should address the issue and have consistent menus when using local replica or online to the mail server.

(Or if you can wait the next 9.0.x service pack)

Regards

Karl

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

I assume one user is not seeing all expected menu options, where as others do? 

Do you have different one or more desktop policies?  Perhaps you could explain you environment a little to give some background on the issue.

Regards

Karl

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

normal for a user who is not enabled for vault cache. I agree with Karl. We'll need a better description of the issue. Do you have a description of the issue Paul or a question?

phaul
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi KarlW and jim,

When i applied the enterprise vault template for the user and connect to my Domino server all of the menu options of Enterprise Vault appears which is the first image, but when i connect through local replica not all the menu options appear which is the second image.

Please help.

Thanks.

jim_leggett
Level 6

I tested this in my lab and am seeing hte same thing which is by design.

Notes users can be 'Archiving Enabled' which, among other features, would also provide the ability to manually archive documents to EV Store as well as launch the EV Search Application. However these features are only available whilst the user is connected to the respective mail file on the Domino mail server.

The missing EV Store is hidden by design. Manual archiving (or EV Store) is not available in the local replica as the assumption is that a user in their local replica will generally be offline so there is no guarantee when the Store request will next be replicated to the server and actioned, so we run the risk of replication conflicts if the item is automatically archived in the intervening period. The ability to manually archive from a local replica has not been provided.

The missing EV Search from local replica is also hidden by design. Again the assumption is local replica usage = no guarantee of network access and hence no link to the online search application as it will only fail. If the user has a Vault Cache, which would be the normal expectation for users using a local replica, then our design provides offline search capability of the vault cache itself.

Recommend calling into support and refer to internal tech note  TECH68778.

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

If you can upgrade then I believe when EV10.0 is released this should address the issue and have consistent menus when using local replica or online to the mail server.

(Or if you can wait the next 9.0.x service pack)

Regards

Karl

phaul
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks jim and karlW for the information.

jim_leggett
Level 6

If you need it immediately or are going to hold off on upgrading to EV 10 there is a workaround available.

But you will have to call into support and refer to internal TECH68778.