cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Houskeeping cannot initialize on EV Domino Gateway

Amusluoglu
Level 3

Hi,

we installed 32 bit Lotus Domino 8.5.1 and Lotus Notes 8.5.1 on Windows 2008 R2 server that EV Domino Gateway. After installed EV 9.0 administration console and other DG software. Also configured all Domino administration stuff as like documents.  On another Windows 2008 R2 server we installed Lotus Notes 8.5.1 and installed EV 9.0 on the server and configured. Also we configured target domino servers. We successfuly archived from couple uf users mailboxes. And we installe all mail templates to domino servers. Users can see EV options on their Notes. Also we can see archive reports on EV admin console. When we try to restore from client Lotus notes an archived item it is saying that some entries are missing in  '$EV_ARCHIVESERVER' in the notes.ini file. Also when we check Lotus Domino Admin console on EVDG it is saying that " Ev Housekeeping: Waiting for Enterprise Vault Directory Service to be started.." Have we missed something about configuration? Do have any advice? Thanks for your helps..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So when you ran through the set up you unchecked the option to install the EV Services and only installed the Admin Console?

If yes, you needed the EV Services installed.  You could try re-running setup and installing them and run the configuration again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling

Have you checked to see if the EV Directory service is running on the EVDG?

Amusluoglu
Level 3

But there is no EV directory service on EVDG box. I already installed first administration console and then added EVDG option, but there is no any EV service on EVDG. Yes, it seems EV housekeeping installed but cannot initilize. How can I install the option, do have any advice? I found part of article below, it is not saying something about EV directory service. Thank you so much..

From Setting up domino archiving document;

"The Enterprise Vault configuration wizard edits the notes.ini file in the Domino
program directory. This file should then contain the following entries:
ExtMgr_Addins=EvDominoEM.dll

ServerTasks= ... ,EVDominoHouseKeeping
Now start the Domino server on the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway. If the
Enterprise Vault Directory Service is running, the following lines are displayed
in the console during start-up:
Symantec Enterprise Vault Extension Manager: SERVER
EV Housekeeping: Initialization complete.
Symantec Enterprise Vault Extension Manager: HTTP"

TonySterling

So when you ran through the set up you unchecked the option to install the EV Services and only installed the Admin Console?

If yes, you needed the EV Services installed.  You could try re-running setup and installing them and run the configuration again.

JGriep
Level 3
Partner

Domino needs to be started under the EV service account using Run As... or you need to change the login parameters if running Domino as a service.  This only has to be done on the EVDG server.

Amusluoglu
Level 3

Already changed with ev admin domain user servis account on domino server service logon. I installed MSMQ and other IIS features same as EV server, after I should choose to install EV services then configured EV on EVDG. Now EV housekeeping initialized. But when i was configuring EV on EVDG, i choosed EV servers directory database, is it right? I think no need to create second directory for EVDG. Now I can store, restore and cansel items in Lotus Notes but I couldn't login EV search. I before configured SSO on EVDG. And I applied al document stuff same as. Also configured EVDG lotus domino web port. Attached picture as you can see, i tried id password and internet password both for couple of users. do you have any advice, i will be apprecited.

TonySterling

Yes you were right to choose the existing directory database.  Glad that is sorted.

Please mark a post as the solution and start a new thread for you new issue, that helps keep things organized.

Cheers,

Amusluoglu
Level 3

Thank you for your helps, it solved.