Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV PendingArchive ArchiveMe hanging

Wood_Grant_Siem
Level 3
hi,

I am running Enterprise Vault 2008 SP3 with an Office 2007 SP2 client

My EV is working, except I have one email that is hanging in a PendingArchive ArchiveMe state

In Outlook, ff I go Tools -> EV -> Cancel Operation I get an error "The archiving of the selected item could not be canceled", if I look at the details of this it says "0x80070057 : The parameter is incorrect"

So,  I tried  the “store in vault” option, and I get "Unable to archive the selected items because they are already stored in the Vault":

And if I try “restore from vault” I get "Unable to restore because you have not selected any archived items. Select at least one archived item and try again"

Any suggestions on how to rectify this would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If its just one email, rename it back to IPM.Note You could also set your cancel pending time out to something more appropriate.

I would not look into this to much if its a single mail.. If it was in mass, then yes I would troubleshoot but just fix the item and get on with life.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If its just one email, rename it back to IPM.Note You could also set your cancel pending time out to something more appropriate.

I would not look into this to much if its a single mail.. If it was in mass, then yes I would troubleshoot but just fix the item and get on with life.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

agreed with Wayne.  Here is the relevant technote:  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287334.htm

Patrick_Kenevan
Level 4
After changing the message class back to IPM.Note move the item to a pst and then back to user's mailbox and try again(http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287334.htm ).
You can also download and use the following DocMessageClass.exe which will change message classes in bulk