YChen
Level 4
Partner
Hi,
i need a hand with this procedure.
i have EV 7.5 right now and we are about to upgrade it to 8. BUT
1. Ev server will be a new server with a different name and IP
2. SQL server will be a new server with a different name and IP
3. storage location will be a new storage with a different name and IP.

it is also mean that i need to move all indexes, cache and evrything that i have today.
pleae advice the way and the correct procedure to perform this kind of scary migration and upgrade.

Y
4 REPLIES 4

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
All of these procedures are outlined in publically available technotes so I would suggest having a search of the knowledge base.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
As Paul says, this is all covered in tech-notes..

But to top that this exact topic has been covered right here in this exact forum more than 5 times.,..  so do a little work, I know its really hard to use the search function but I for one ain't repeating myself another time, I doubt other people want to earthier.....

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 YChen,

You need to do it in different phases 

My recommendation would be first do the SQL upgrade and database move (the details you can find by searching the forums)
Second move the data location (again the details can be found in here)
Finally do the EV upgrade

It is not such a big deal to make these changes just dont do them all at once or you will be asking for trouble

YChen
Level 4
Partner

can you tell me why do you think it is a better way for this procedure?
also, even if i do it as you mentioned, the last phse is to after upgrade the server to version 8, is to move the upgraded EV to another location with a different IP and  Name. my question is, i couldnt find (or didnt understand) the way to tell the new EV server to point the data to the users, and how the users are directed to the new server/databaes/ indexes/ data?

Yoav