cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV - new items to backup

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi,

We use FSA, Mailbox and Journaling (on 3 separate EV servers) on the same sharing group. Because the backup time has increased in the time, we decided to use the IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt file connected with NetBackup FlashBackup.

The problem is that the number of "new items to backup" is increasing on the Mailbox and Journaling Stores.

I've noticed that the powershell script that put the stores in backup mode on the Mailbox Server sometimes fails with the error "Storage Service is not running". Restart the Storage Service and try again fix the problem.

Now I'm confused on what the start-end scripts should do.

What out scripts are doing is:

Start

-store vault in backup mode

-index location in backup mode

End

-clear vault backup mode

-clear index backup mode

-wait 5 mins

-stop storageservice

-wait 5 mins

-start storage service

-del all the old files

-create the new .txt files

Can you confirm this last commands are ok?

The interesting this is that the 99% of the items waiting to be secured are in the SIS partitions that are already CLOSED and the number doesnt go down.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

4 REPLIES 4

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

ziof3ster,

Can you confirm that the Storage Service is running when trying to place Enterprise Vault into Read Only mode?

If it is please include a copy of of a dtrace.  If the Storage Service is not running please make sure it is.

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi Wayne,

I confirm the storage service is running .

I've run the DTrace on and put in Backup/Clear Mode one of my Vaults

The log is attached to this.

Thanks

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi,

I've just noticed that the JournalArchive table on the 3 VaultStore DBs have a very large number of rows with "backupincomplete=0".

Thanks

ziof3ster
Level 3

Hi,

I'm going to modify manually the archive attribute on all the vault closed, change the backup check to "archive bit" and see what happens.

cheers