cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV not archiving. What can I check?

doctortt
Level 6
I built an EV environment in a test lab, and everything was working fine.  One day, I imported a PST with a lot of old messages to a test mailbox. I manually started the archiving task, and nothing happened on the mailbox. Spent some time trying to figure this out, but I couldn't find anything.  If I manually archive the message(s) in Outlook, it works.
6 REPLIES 6

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Did you setup your provisioning group and assign it to whole environment or to the OU/ user you want to archive?

doctortt
Level 6

Yup, I did.  The test environment was working until yesterday. :( Nothing was change as far as I know.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try and do RUN NOW on the task and see if you get any errors. Check to see if any events are created in your event logs

Also check the report that is created under the reports folder in your Enterprisevault installation directory.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

I supspect the Messages do not match the policy set.

If you import PST file into the Mailbox, then the messages appear to EV as "NEW", so if you have imported an e-mail which you received in 2004, it will still be treated as "NEW", I think.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

doctortt
Level 6
I did "Run Now" yesterday and event viewer didn't show any errors.  I will check the report folder in a bit.  Yes, the emails from the PST file are from 2003, 2004 and 2005.  Why would EV treat these old emails as new after I imported them? Weird

doctortt
Level 6

Found out what the problem was - I ran the archive task in report mode, and it said the test mailbox was in suspended mode.  I had to disable the mailbox in EV and re-enable it, and the old emails from 2003 to 2005 that I imported from the PST were archived.

By the way, is there another way to *un-suspend* the archive? Also, how did that occur?