cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8 SP1 ShurtCut Move

Weasel
Level 5
Hello,
I checked the new feature in EV8 SP1 that reflects shortcut moves in outlook to the users archive. So I moved in outlook a shortcut to an archived email to an other folder, for example from Inbox to Inbox\Test. Then started ShortCut Processing aganinst my mailbox manually and got the correct Report which say that in my mailbox is 1 item moved to the correct folder Inbox\Test. But: neither in Archive Explorer nor in Archive Search is the update shown. In AE the folder TEST is empty, and the search says the item is in Inbox. AE shows the moved item in Inbox too.
Should the update be shown immediately after shortcut processing or is there any delay? I deleted IE cache, but no luck.
Thanks for help.
Cheers
Ralf
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Weasel
Level 5
The problem is solved by http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288141.htm
Thanks for help!
Ralf

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

There are a couple of reason this could be

1. EV is in backup mode so the index updates have not occurred yet
2. You are seeing cached results (but as you say you've cleared the cache)  EV does cache AE for 24 hours but I'm not 100% certain if clearing the internet cache clears up the archive explorer cache (there is a refresh option in archive explorer, when you right click on the archive name

Mike

Weasel
Level 5
Hi Mike,
your hint with the index let me try soemthing. The index is absolut not in backup mode. The AE-Cache is not the reason, I think, because the Archive Search gives me the same result about the location of the moved item. So I played a bit around and found: If I open the archive propertiesin EV Console, choose Advanced Tab and click "Rebuild Index", an update of the index appears and when finished, AE and Search shows the moved item in its new location. But now comes a question up: Will this appear anyway by itself? May be I have to wait some time?
BTW: I updated recently from EV7.5 to 8.0

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Do you need any more assistance with this?
If a post solved your problem, can you mark that as the Solution?

Thanks & Regards
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Weasel
Level 5
Hi Michel,
I called Symantec for Support, the case is still open too. We do some test and see if we find the reason. Additional help is welcome :)
Cheers
Ralf

MichelZ
Level 6
Can you have a look at the JournalUpdate Table in the corresponding Vault Store Database?

Are there many elements which have IndexCommitted = False?

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM JournalUpdate WHERE IndexCommitted = false

Cheers

Weasel
Level 5
Well, it gives me this result: 63121!
And: select min(Updatedatetime) from journalupdate where IndexCommitted='false' gives the date, when I updatet to EV8.0 SP1. The last entries are from yesterday evening, the last time when the archiving task was running.
Cheers
Ralf

MichelZ
Level 6
Ralf

The min(Updatedatetime) thing is normal, because this Table did not exist before EV8.
However, I believe the IndexCommit = false count is somewhat high....

You should mention this in your Case, I think.

What about your Message Queues, are there many items stuck, too?
(Specially in the A7 Queue, I believe)

/Michel

Weasel
Level 5
Michel, the Queues are empty.
Sure, I will give the information the support.
Ralf

Weasel
Level 5
The problem is solved by http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288141.htm
Thanks for help!
Ralf

MichelZ
Level 6
Duuude!

Thanks for that awesome tip, I just noticed that my DB's are on Compat level 80, too!

Cheers
Michel