cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVAutoConfiguration.xml

mike_niccum
Level 3

Is EVAutoConfiguration.xml used during setup to autoconfigure EV?  If so, can someone point me to a doc describing all the options available in the file?

Thanks,

Mike Niccum
2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
To be honest I have never used it.  As the config is Wizard driven it is pretty easy to run through. :)

I believe that you can edit that file and when you run the EVConfiguration it should place the values in the config file as the defaults.

I opened it in Notepad and this is at the top of the file.

<!-- ev:service_account - enter the Vault Service Account fully-qualified username between quotes (optional) -->
<!-- ev:site_name       - enter the Vault Site Name and Description between quotes (mandatory) -->
<!-- ev:vault_store     - enter a Vault Store Name, Description and Location between quotes (optional) -->
<!--    Note:             The Vault Store Location must exist and be accessible from the configured server -->
<!-- ev:additional_server - enter a Server Name and Domain between quotes (optional) -->
<!--    Note:             The Server must exist and be accessible from the configured server -->

mike_niccum
Level 3
I have to hand the production install off to operations for 4 new dedicated Journaling servers.  Being able to use the autoconfigureXML would help remediate fat finger errors in the wizard by Operations.  I was hoping to find documentation on all available options in the XML.  I already have the Directory server running so maybe just the example in the XML will be enough to get it joined to the site and and I can VBS the archives (Index), targets, and tasks.

Thanks,

Mike Niccum