cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVPM Question

A_T_2
Level 4
Does anyone know if you can run EVPM to archive mailboxes that are over there quota? We are having corrupt index issues on one of our EV Servers. We'll be upgrading to EV6 sp2 within the next couple of weeks but before we upgrade the indexes will be rebuilt.
3 REPLIES 3

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Andrew,
You might want to wait for sp3 to come out. It's due anytime now (I think end of July, but your mileage may vary). You can't archive from mailboxes which are over their hard quota. Remember that EV uses the exchange send as/receive as permissions, and if the account is over quota it won't allow those sends/receives. The "temp solution" is to up the quota, do the archive, reset the quota.

micah

A_T_2
Level 4
Micah,

Thanks for the info on sp3. My fix for archiving users mailboxes over there limit has been to go into AD then go to address tab and under state put size. Then when I go into EV - archiving service - run now - selected mailboxes- then I filter mailboxes by state and put size in there which lets me archive the users over there limit. After archiving is done then I have to go back into AD and remove size from the address tab.

Lee_Allison
Level 6
> Micah,
>
> Thanks for the info on sp3. My fix for archiving
> users mailboxes over there limit has been to go into
> AD then go to address tab and under state put size.
> Then when I go into EV - archiving service - run now
> - selected mailboxes- then I filter mailboxes by
> state and put size in there which lets me archive the
> users over there limit. After archiving is done then
> I have to go back into AD and remove size from the
> address tab.

Andrew, can you be a little more specific? If the mailbox is over it's size limit and Exchange has disabled send/recieve then EV won't be able to touch it. Or is your Exch server set to only send warnings at size limits and not shut down the mailbox?