cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVPM question

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Hello,

I recently wanted to change the policy on a single vault account because I wanted it to archive emails immediately. I couldn't use the Policies in the Admin Console because I can't take the account out of the OU that it's currently in.

So I ran the following commands by EVPM..

directorycomputername = w2kentbase
sitename = Vault Site

name = filter1
CreateShortcut = false
DeleteOriginal = true
unreadMAIL = true
UseInactivityPeriod = true
InactivityUnits = days
InactivityPeriod = 0

distinguishedname = /o=VAULTXLAB/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=david

name = mailboxroot
filtername = filter1
retentioncategory = personal
OverrideArchiveLocks = true

My question is, do I have to run this everyday? Or did it apply the 0 day for archiving permanently and will archive every day when the archiving schedule kicks off?

Thank you for any advice!
Phil.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You can open the OL profile on the EV server. Right click on a folder and view the properties of it. The Enterprise Vault Tab should have the info you are looking for.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
You will only need to run it once, unless you zap the mailbox and delete the hidden message altogether. then you would need to run the evpm again.

Cheers,

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Thanks for the reply Tony.

I didn't zap it and hope to keep it with those settings. So as long as I DON'T zap it, it should retain them.

Is there a way to double check the retention of this account that I used EVPM to set? It doesn't tell me anything from the Admin Console.

TonySterling
You can open the OL profile on the EV server. Right click on a folder and view the properties of it. The Enterprise Vault Tab should have the info you are looking for.

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Thank you very much, Tony!

That's exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks again,
Phil.