Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Virtual Vault for users

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner
All,

In testing of Virtual Vault (new feature in ev 8.0sp3) I've found it necessary for the user to do the following in order to have the VV show up in their outlook:

Select Tools - Enterprise Vault - Vault Cache Properties - Virtual Vault (tab)

Select UserID (eg: TestUser1)

Click OK.

Until these steps are completed the VV does not appear in outlook.

This seems very counter intuitive and a show stopper for enterprise deploymnent of VV.  Did I miss a setting? 

Is it possible to automate this so a user's default archive will show automatically when VV is enabled?

Thanks
Joe
2 REPLIES 2

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner
More info:  A second test mailbox did enable the VV by default with no user action.  Only difference was hiding all the EV controls from the menu.  Strange.

BravoZulu
Level 5
Hi Jospeh,

There is a 3 minute delay when starting Outlook and the VV being enabled.  I noticed this under the Vault Cache Properties, Options tab.  There's a setting called Backgrou Processing, Start checking after 3mins.

I'm not sure how to change this within the registry, I haven't checked as yet, but it could probably be changed somehow.  I'd be interested to know what the setting is if you find out ;)

Another setting to watch for is OVMDCSyncFrequencyInSecs which governs the frequency of updates (the default is every 24hrs, which is too slow for our users).  This can be set via Group Policy (see below);

OVMDCSyncFrequencyInSecs

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

\SOFTWARE

\KVS

\Enterprise Vault

\Client

Content

DWORD

Number of seconds between scheduled synchronizations. The default value is 86400, which is 24 hours.

Thanks,
BZ