cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10, Mobile Search Access Denied

BigPhil
Level 5

Hey everyone! So...I recently upgraded from 9.0.2 to 10 and am now having in issue with the Mobile Search component. I have configured the Mobile Search installation for a Blackberry environment (basic auth over ssl). I get the basic authentication prompt, login successfully, brings me to the search page ok. When I then click the search button I get the following message (Access is denied. (0x80070005). The mobile search troubleshooting documentation is no help on this...I am able to search with the regular Enterprise Vault web search just fine. Logs on the mobile search server are ok (also has Discovery Accelerator 10 on it), but the logs on the the Enterprise Vault server show the following: Warning Event, Source=Enterprise Vault, Event ID=7263, Task Category=Index Server

Search request refused because the user does not have sufficient permissions to search any folder in the archive.

User: MyNETBIOSDomain\MyWebServer$

Required Permissions: Read

Archive: John Doe

Archive Id: 183CCEDECB2F48A468AF205D8DD4F682F1110000CompanyEV

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp?EvtID=7263

It appears to be trying to authenticate to the archive use the Mobile Search servers machine account and not properly passing through the authenticated users credentials. Any ideas? Does anyone have EV10 mobile search working successfully? I have uninstalled Mobile Search many times and verified it removed the app dir, web app and app pool.

Environment:

Enterprise Vault Server (10.0.0.1316): Windows 2008 R2

Web server (Discovery Accelerator 10/Mobile Search 10 installed): Windows 2008 R2 SP1, Mobile Search installed in "Blackberry Mode"

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Sounds like the application pool for the mobile search is running as local system?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

BigPhil
Level 5

It is, and it was the default when I installed it. I have also tried ApplicationPoolIdentity and Network but nothing is working. What should it be set to? also...under the web application/authentication I have basic and ASP.NET Impersonation.

BigPhil
Level 5

still have this issue with MobileSearch. so if somebody else has MobileSearch running, what is the identity the application pool is running as?