cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 9.02 - Migrating Exhange 2003 to 2010

lukassc
Level 5
Partner

Hi people! We are migrating our Exchange Server 2003 to 2010. There is any document to help me out with this?

We have EV 9.01, we are going to migrate to 9.02 // Exchange 2003 migrate to 2010 SP1 // OWA 2003 migrate to 2010 SP1

At the moment EV is working fine.

Thx to all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

To decommision an old Exchange server from EV:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50256

Decommission basically in this instance means to remove it from Enterprise Vault completely

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rich_W
Level 3
Employee

Good day,

Most of the documentation will beon the ISO when you download 9.0.2. You will want to upgrade EV while still targeting the Exchange 2003 server. Upgrade your OWA extensions and confirm all is working after the upgrade.

Next would be to target the new Exchange 2010 server using the “setting up exchange” document. When you have the Exchange server archive task running and the OWA extensions on the CAS server working, all that is left is moving the users to the Exchange 2010 server. When all users have been migrated to the new exchange server you can decommission the Exchange 2003 server and remove it from the Vault Admin Console [VAC].

-Rich

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Was there any additional info required?

Working for cloudficient.com

lukassc
Level 5
Partner

Let me see if I understand you correctly:

1) Upgrade EV server

2) Upgrade OWA extensions.

Now 9.0.2

3) Add the new Exchange 2010 (see documentation)

4) Move the users from Exchange 2003 to 2010 (nothing here should be modified on the EV console)

5) Don't understand this "you can decommission the Exchange 2003 "

6) Delete the old Exchange 2003 from the console.

Thx again, sorry about my English

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

To decommision an old Exchange server from EV:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50256

Decommission basically in this instance means to remove it from Enterprise Vault completely