cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Storage Service and Task Controller Service stops unexpectedly

quindecim
Not applicable

Hi.

We're running Enterprise Vault 2007 with Exchange 2007 in CCR mode. Recently, we are facing a problem with our Enterprise Vault. The Enterprise Vault Storage Service and Task Controller Service keeps stopping without warning. Every time we start the service again it will go down again after a while.

While going through the log files we found the following right before the Storage Service stopped.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Admin Service
Event ID: 4151
Date:  9/22/2008
Time:  11:54:04 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: KLEX-ARC1
Description:
The Enterprise Vault Storage Service service failed to respond to the STOP request in a timely manner.
This may be due to the service getting insufficient CPU time; check subsequent event log entries for a "successfully stopped" message. If the service is still running, manually stop the service and check the event log for any errors logged by the service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

mulkstar_2
Not applicable
I'm running an earlier version but having the exact same problem.  EV7  Sometimes it runs for a couple of day and sometimes will only run four a couple of hours.

Amit_Gupta
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
I would dtrace Storage Service and Task Controller Service to find out why this is happening.

jgrant50
Level 4
Check the location and size of your MSMQ service.  I experienced the same situation and it turned out I needed to increase the size of the MSMQ directory.