Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault archive explorer performance issue

Ralfeus
Level 4
Certified

Hi

I have an access to over 15000 archives. When I open archive explorer it takes about 5 minutes to open it. I've noticed most of time takes part of global.asa script, which is generated basing on archives list. It looks like this:

TypeList = TypeList OR CInt("9")
set nodeOrder(counter) = xmlDomArchives.selectSingleNode("/Archives/Archive[@VaultEntryId='162912E94EC07D24E8E34C33E121F84861110000EVEMEA']")
Session("VolSet162912E94EC07D24E8E34C33E121F84861110000EVEMEA") = 0
set volSets = nodeOrder(counter).selectSingleNode("VolumeSets")
if (not volSets is Nothing) then
   if (volSets.hasChildNodes = True) then
        if ((Session("UseFederatedSearch") = 0) or (ASmallerOrEqB(Session("MaxVolSetsToSearch"), volSets.childNodes.length) = True)) then
            Session("VolSet162912E94EC07D24E8E34C33E121F84861110000EVEMEA") = CLng(volSets.firstChild.attributes.getNamedItem("IndexVolumeSetId").value)
        end if
   end if
end if
counter = counter + 1

This repeats for each archive. Is there any way to run it faster? Quantity of accessible archives can't be reduced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

No 1 Archive Explorer UI was not descend for 15,000 archives. It was designed for a couple.  

Is there any reason you need to use AE with 15,000 archives?

If you have any further issues please contact support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

what version of EV are you on? i observed the same exact issue when our EV service account had access to several thousand archives. i didn't use a stopwatch but it sure took a LONG time for AE to load.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

No 1 Archive Explorer UI was not descend for 15,000 archives. It was designed for a couple.  

Is there any reason you need to use AE with 15,000 archives?

If you have any further issues please contact support.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

maybe the code could be improved to not do any extra calculations until you click on the archive you want to view