cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault cannot create the folder for your Offline Vault

Jon_Balli
Not applicable
I have a user running Outlook 2003 who receives the following error every time she launches Outlook.

Enterprise Vault cannot create the folder for your Offline Vault: 

Please contact your Enterprise Vault Administrator

If I place the user off cache mode and re-launch Outlook the error goes away.  Once I re-enable cache mode the error comes back. 

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Jon

Could you verify that the User has got Permission to create the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Applicationdata\kvs\enterprise vault

(Had to translate from german, hope it's right)

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

EBK
Level 4
Hi

I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

Thanks

workingHard
Level 3
Hi there,

I have the same problem, and beside that the user cannot open the vaulted email's attachment.

I have checked, there is no such folder call KVS under application data...

I have gain myself access to the user's vault, and I can browse to his attachment without problem, any suggestion?

thanks,

Derek

EBK
Level 4
Hello

I found where the problem was coming from, at least for me... the correct path to type is %userprofile%\local settings\application\

There the folder KVS will be automatically created and users will have permissions on this folder. the full path c:\docume.... does not work. I am running the version EV 2007 service pack 1.

hope this helps you.

Cheers

workingHard
Level 3
Hi all,

We finally find out what's the problem.

Firstly we do not use offline vault in our organisation. What happen was somehow outlook/machine/enterprise vault crashed and when outlook startup again, the addin for EV has been disabled (we simply re-enable it), and the following key has been added to the machine's registry:

HKCU\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\

Dword value OVEnabled set to 1
String value OVRootDirectory set to c:\Enterprise Vault\<<username>>

Everytime when Outlook started, it will try to write the offline vault to the above location, which the user do not have write permission.

I simply fix the problem by set the OVEnabled to 0 as we don't use offline vault anyway. If you do use the offline vault, you may want to check the above folder and see if the user has permission on it.

Hope this help

Derek

Message Edited by workingHard on 01-15-2008 05:40 PM

VaultCrasher
Not applicable

Hello

Env

===

EV 7.0 SP2 + WinXP SP2 + Outlook 2003 SP2

Only handful of our users were getting following error message

"Enterprise vault can not create the folder for your offline vault"

After reading this post, I checked the registry and found out that OVRootDirectory was pointing to E:\Drive rather than C:\Drive, and E:\ drive is CD_ROM drive on WKSTN's

After our desktop team corrected it to point to c:\ drive, it would revert back randomly.

After some more research we found out that this users had roaming profile, we removed the roaming profiles.

We were okay for last two months and now the issue re-occrued for all those handful of users.

No settings have been changed except we introduced a new group and policy for EV.

Any ideas, suggestion will be greatly appreciated.