cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault client for BB, ipad and iphone

donypie
Level 4

Hello,

We are installing EV 10 and we want to be able to recall archived mail from mobile devices (BB, ipad, ....). I've found on the net that it is not possible :

Can I use my blackberry, iPhone or other mobile device to access vaulted mail?

There are some restrictions on how this works and there is no EV client for mobile devices. You may be able to view these items through a web browser on your mobile device. Please follow your usual process to contact the DII helpdesk for specifics.

I've also found that some compagny has developped a product to do that : http://arcviewer.com/

Do you know if Symantec has planned to develop an EV client for mobile ? We don't want to pay and install others software.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pierre.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

The closest you will get is Mobile Search, this will allow you to search the archive and get the archive message back to your device. But as far as I know, you won't be able to recall the archived message directly by opening the shortcuts within the mobile devices. This has been in the mixed for a few years now but there hasn't been any progress (as far as I know). you are probably best to log a case with Symantec and also put your Enhancement Request in. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

The closest you will get is Mobile Search, this will allow you to search the archive and get the archive message back to your device. But as far as I know, you won't be able to recall the archived message directly by opening the shortcuts within the mobile devices. This has been in the mixed for a few years now but there hasn't been any progress (as far as I know). you are probably best to log a case with Symantec and also put your Enhancement Request in. 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
As far as I know there are no plans. There are several aspects of archiving for which there are no plans, but partners are there, and they reach in to fill the gaps. I have tried arcviewer on an iPad, and it is great.
Working for cloudficient.com