Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault Archiving & PST reporting

sandeepk
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Dear friends,

I know that how check user enable or disable in enterprise vault with help of SQL query,

Can you tell me, how many user PST file are migrated in Enterprise vault?  And how many user are accessing PST file from archiving explore.

That detail I want in report...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You can look in the PSTFile tables to see what stuff is migrating/migrated But as for how many people are accessing items that are newly migrated, it's an almost impossible task What you would have to do is enable auditing for items beig viewed then create a query that links the audit, enterpriseVaultDirectory and the vault store database together And this would only work if you import the items in to a specific PST filer and not merge it with their regular archive I.e if you have \inbox in your PST file, EV imports it to \PST Imported\inbox As opposed to just merging the PST's \inbox with the archives existing \inbox So a query would take the user and saveset ID, cross reference it to the vault store database and get the folder ID and cross reference it against the ArchiveFolder table in the directory database and put in a where clause that would be WHERE FolderPath LIKE '%PST Import%' This would require auditing being enabled and it might grow pretty big
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You can look in the PSTFile tables to see what stuff is migrating/migrated But as for how many people are accessing items that are newly migrated, it's an almost impossible task What you would have to do is enable auditing for items beig viewed then create a query that links the audit, enterpriseVaultDirectory and the vault store database together And this would only work if you import the items in to a specific PST filer and not merge it with their regular archive I.e if you have \inbox in your PST file, EV imports it to \PST Imported\inbox As opposed to just merging the PST's \inbox with the archives existing \inbox So a query would take the user and saveset ID, cross reference it to the vault store database and get the folder ID and cross reference it against the ArchiveFolder table in the directory database and put in a where clause that would be WHERE FolderPath LIKE '%PST Import%' This would require auditing being enabled and it might grow pretty big
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You could also try the archiving trends report but I dont think it states if the user accessed the items in PSTs.