Im install enterprise vault server 9 sp3

and I see that EnterpriseVaultMonitorinig DB not created

how can I recreate DB.

Ronen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

DA and CA experience a similar issue, do you have FIPS-compliant algorithms enabled?

If you have enabled FIPS-compliant algorithms on a SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services computer, the following error message may appear when you try to export a Discovery Accelerator report to an Excel format file:

An error occurred during rendering of the report.
This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.

The issue does not arise when you export reports in other formats, such as Portable Document Format (PDF).

You can resolve this issue by installing either of the following:

For more information on this issue, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=946029

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

first, was Operations Manager checked during the install?

second, did you run the Operations Manager Web App Configuration?

last, have you tried running the Operations Manager Web App Configuration again? (you should have a shortcut to this in the start menu on the server where it was installed.)

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes,

Operations Manager checked during install

yes,I also run the Operations Manager Web App Configuration.

when I run Cofiguratiion Wizard , the connection for sql server disconnect

Is it possible to recreate DB ?

Ronen

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There is also the config utility

Syntax:
MonitoringConfigUtility <command> <DirectoryDB SQL Server> <Monitoring SQL Server> <Start Monitoring Immediately> <Enter
prise Vault Version> <Site Entry Id> <SQL Data File Folder> <SQL Log File Folder> <Error Log file>

Parameters:
  command                 - Either /create or /reuse.
  DirectoryDB SQL Server  - SQL Server where the Enterprise Vault Directory
                            database is located for this site.
  Monitoring SQL Server   - SQL Server where the Monitoring database is to
                            be placed, in the case of /create, or where it
                            is located, in the case of /reuse.
  Start Monitoring Immediately - Either 0 (monitoring is not started
                            immediately) or 1 (monitoring is started
                            immediately).
  Enterprise Vault Version- The version of Enterprise Vault installed,
                            for example 7.0.0.0
  Site Entry Id           - The entry id of the site.
  SQL Data File Folder    - Folder in which to create the SQL data file
                            for the Monitoring database.
  SQL Log File Folder     - Folder in which to create the SQL log file
                            for the Monitoring database.
  Error Log file          - Log file where the utility writes all log and
                            error messages.

Examples:
MonitoringConfigUtility /create xwing xwing 1 7.0.0.0 155E8D892AFC49E438FE43E73762B049B1d10000myserver.newacme.evomdemo.
com "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Log" MyMonitoringConfig utility.log

MonitoringConfigUtility /reuse xwing xwing 1 7.0.0.0 155E8D892AFC49E438FE43E73762B049B1d10000myserver2.newacme.evomdemo.
com "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Log" MyMonitoringConfig utility.log

If theres an issue, make sure you are logged on as the EVAdmin account, and that the EVAdmin account has DBCreator privilege on the SQL Server.

If it still fails, dtrace the MonitoringConfigUtility and try again and look at the trace and see if theres anything in there that may be relevant. Also check the event viewer on the sql server for any errors or warnings

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

thanks

I will check it.

Ronen

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I run MonitoringConfigUtility

and the Database also created

When I try to to get

http://localhost/monitoringWebApp/default.aspx

I get a error:
Server Error in '/MonitoringWebApp' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.]
   System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManaged..ctor() +7708948
   System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.ConfigureEncryptionObject() +232
   System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.EnsureConfig() +156
   System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.GetEncodedData(Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32& length) +37
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Serialize(Object stateGraph) +166
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter.Serialize(Object state) +4
   System.Web.UI.Util.SerializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter formatter, Object stateGraph) +37
   System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Save() +79
   System.Web.UI.Page.SavePageStateToPersistenceMedium(Object state) +105
   System.Web.UI.Page.SaveAllState() +236
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1099

Thanks Ronen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4216; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4223

TonySterling

DA and CA experience a similar issue, do you have FIPS-compliant algorithms enabled?

If you have enabled FIPS-compliant algorithms on a SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services computer, the following error message may appear when you try to export a Discovery Accelerator report to an Excel format file:

An error occurred during rendering of the report.

The issue does not arise when you export reports in other formats, such as Portable Document Format (PDF).

You can resolve this issue by installing either of the following:

For more information on this issue, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=946029

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi

the  FIPS-compliant algorithms is enable

We are working with enterprise vault 9 sp3

Sql 2008 R2 Sp1

I see a similar issuse on

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH171120

Enterprise Vault Reporting’s reports fail to open after you enable FIPS compliant algorithms in Windows Local Security Policy

TonySterling

At this point I would recommend opening a case with Symantec.  Explain you are seeing a similar issue from the above technotes.

I think that is going to be your fastest course to resolution.