cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprisevault 9 and reporting services

Michael_Svens1
Level 3
Partner

I am currently working with a customer that have EnterpriseVault 9 up and running, they didnt ever get reporting services to work. The Ev server is on a 64bit platform and we also wanted to put the reporting services on a diffrent server.

The problem i have is that since they have installed reporting services on the Enterprise Vault server, and i wonder if there is any way i can uninstall this or just disable it ?

I have installed and configured reporting services on a diffrent server, and it is working the current mail archiving. But now im about to start the fsa part to, the first step i want to do is to start colecting data for reporting services so we can se this.

But since reporting services also is installed on the ev server i get error since it tryes to connect to this instead of the new working reporting services.

Any sugestions on how i could get rid of the local reporting services ?

regards

Michael Svensson

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Michael,

I believe you can uninstall from add/remove programms.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan

Michael_Svens1
Level 3
Partner

Maybe it was beqause i hadnt configured it but i tested that and it in a vmware installation just to se what happend and it removed the whole ev installation.

But i hadnt done any configuration i just installed ev with all parts, ill try to do some basic configuration in it and do some tests again. Wouldnt be to good if i manage to uninstall the whole ev server.

//Micke

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Micke,

I did not know that. I checked our reporting SQL server, and there it has EV to uninstall.

As for your situation, you might try to un/reinstall during a 'maintenance window'?

The thing to keep in mind is to make sure you have a good backup of your databases.

when you re-install EV, at the configuration, when you enter the alias etc as they were, EV will configure itself as it was supposed to be. But, it might be worth a call to support to see if they know of a trick to do it.

Regards. Gertjan

Michael_Svens1
Level 3
Partner

Thanks for your fast answer, and yes i think its time to call symantec support and check with them. Was hoping someone had a nice solution for this :)

//Micke