cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors after starting storage service

Jan_Voskar
Level 3
Hi all,

The EV server 6.0SP1 on Win2003SP1 was working without any errors for some time. But since last SAN disks outage ( with vault store partitions ), after EV storage service starts the EV server logs these events to EV event log:

Event ID: 40967
Type: Warning
Category: None
Source: Enterprise Vault

Storage Offline Operations - Restarting failed process.
The process has failed abnormally and will be restarted automatically.

This same message is repeated every 6 seconds 10 times and then 11th message is this:

Event ID: 40968
Type: Error
Source: Enterprise Vault

Storage Offline Operations - Process failed.
The process has failed abnormally and will not be restarted since it has exceeded its restart count. The process can be restarted by pausing and continuing the Server Manager Service.

At the very same time in Application event log there are these errors ( 10x):

Event ID: 0
Type: Error
Source: .NET Runtime

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.2300- EVStgOfflineOpns.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x1a28 (6696), Thread id=0x1880 (6272).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application..

The Process id and Thread from the last event are always different. At the time of SAN disks outage there was no data loss. Retrieving of placeholders is working OK. I have no idea what these event are about and what to do to get rid of them?
Does anybody meet these events, please?

Thank you for any answer,
Jan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you disabled the performance counters? You could try re-enabling the PerfProc if it is.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Have you disabled the performance counters? You could try re-enabling the PerfProc if it is.

Jan_Voskar_3
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi,
I did not disabled performance counters. I hope PerfProc is enabled as far as I can choose Processor's counters from perfmon Processor object and also there is no "Disable Performance Counters=0" in PerfProc registry. In EV console -> site properties -> monitoring , monitoring is enabled. Should I still try to re-enable ( disable and enable ) PerfProc ?

Thank you

TonySterling
Looks like this was fixed in sp2 for EV 6.0

From the Updates.htm

EVStgOfflineOpns.exe process fails to start
When the Windows process performance counters (perfproc.dll) were disabled, the Enterprise Vault EVStgOfflineOpns.exe process would not start.

This has been fixed.

Hope that helps. :)

Jan_Voskar
Level 3
Hi,
it looks you were right in your first reply. Maybe the registry entries got somehow corrupted and it looks like the perfproc is disabled to EV server. Anyway, I checked the new SP2 and I will schedule upgrade to SP2.
Thank you very much