cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 41008 - Savesets not yet backed up or replicated

bruce_drenning
Level 4
EV 6.0 sp2

We get one of these every day. Does anyone know specifically where these "savesets" are? We are backing up the partition & using the trigger file method to indicate. We are also doing a SQL maintenance dump on all the sql db's every night. What is EV checking to indicate a backup has not been completed? TIA

Event Type:Warning
Event Source:Enterprise Vault
Event Category:Monitoring
Event ID:41008
Date:5/23/2006
Time:8:59:50 AM
User:N/A
Computer:HQS23
Description:
There are 77637 savesets that have not yet been backed up or replicated for Vault Store 'hq email'.

Review your procedures and make any changes needed to ensure that backups happen in a timely fashion.

If you are using an EMC Centera, check the size of the Centera replication queue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I would check if the trigger file is setup properly. This is reporting that the files in your Vault Partition have not been backed. You can look in the usage.asp page and check if there are files awaiting backup.

You can also use a .bat file with the attrib *.* /s command works just as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I would check if the trigger file is setup properly. This is reporting that the files in your Vault Partition have not been backed. You can look in the usage.asp page and check if there are files awaiting backup.

You can also use a .bat file with the attrib *.* /s command works just as well.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The savesets are the dvs files that in stored in the Vault Store partition. If they have been backed up you could run the Attrib -a *.dvs /s from the command line to remove the archive bit to see if that helps. Like Jason said, you will want to check to make sure your trigger file is functioning correctly.

rouute
Level 6
I have come across the same issue. whats a trigger file and do I check it?

ev8 sp2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
@rroute,

Hey mate, instead of replying to a 3 yr old post you should start a new thread and reference the old one.  That way you could mark the post as solved if you get the answer.

To your question, have a read of this http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273151.htm

Regards,